MD Richard Terek M.
Associate Professor, Orthopaedic Surgery, Warren Alpert Medical School, Brown University
Chief, Orthopaedic Surgery, Providence Veterans Administration Medical Center
- Orthopaedic Oncology, Adult Reconstruction
- Board Certified ABOS 1994, 2004
- Chondrosarcoma metastatic pathways
- 1990-91: Instructor, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Tufts University, Boston, MA
- 1993-98: Assistant Professor, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Brown University
- 1999-present: Associate Professor, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Brown University
- 1985-86: General Surgery Internship, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL
- 1986-90: Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL
- 1991-92: Orthopaedic Surgical Oncology Fellowship, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
- 1992-93: Research Fellow, Lab. of Mammalian Cell Transformation, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
- 1991-93: Metabolic Bone Disease Fellowship, The Hospital For Special Surgery, New York, NY
- 1979: Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY, Biomedical Engineering, B.S.
- 1983: The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, Committee on Public Policy Studies, M.A.
- 1985: The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, Pritzker School of Medicine, M.D.
- 1979: Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honorary Society
- 1988: Schneider Memorial Award, Illinois Orthopaedic Society, Chicago, Illinois
- 1989: Zimmer Annual Travel Award, American Orthopaedic Association, Chicago, Illinois
- 1990: Sofield Traveling Fellowship, Loyola University, Maywood, Illinois
- 1991-93: Clinical Oncology Fellowships #91-193, #92-193, American Cancer Society
- 2000: Brown University A.M.(hon)
- 2002: American Orthopaedic Association, Austrian-Swiss-German Traveling Fellow
- Chair, Research Committee, Musculoskeletal Tumor Society
- Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, Associate Editor
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Board of Speciality Societies
- James Michaelson